Solder Fume Extractor and Filter
Making a solder fume extractor from a selection of parts.
View this video on Youtube.
Extractor and Filter
This device is designed to remove solder fumes from the workbench, filter the air and return it to the room.
While such things can be purchased, this one is substantially better than the cheap bench mounted types, and far cheaper than the high power floor standing models.
Components used in this project (prices when items purchased in November 2016):
- 2 plastic storage boxes with lid, £12 from The Range
- Ventilation fan, £30 from Fantronix on eBay
- Carbon filters Europart EFF54, £13 for 2 from CPC
- Universal grease filter £3 from CPC
- Corrugated hose with metal ends £11 Banggood.com
- Plastic vent, hose and adaptor £3
- Everbuild PinkGrip adhesive £2
- Plus screws, cable gland, timber offcuts, metal reinforcement plates, cardboard.
Total approximately £75.